Thorp Arch & Boston Spa Cricket Club
MINUTES of AGM Held 19 november 2016 @ the pax inn
Apologies:, Darren Young, Mark Knight
Present: Adam Gough, Helen Culloden, Julie, Dale & George Gibson, Helen, Adam & Benedict Tomlinson, Steve Trueman, Phil Browne, Tom, Elsa, Luke & Dan Kilby, Andy Jones, Rob Williams, Alex Williams, Stephen Raine, Matt Wilkins, Toby Wells, Jess Duggal, Matthew Bentley, Simon Marriott, Guy Whatmore.
Minutes from last AGM held 11 November 2015 – All agreed D Gibson, Kilby
Chairs Report: Please see attached document, feedback also provided on questions and issues raised at last AGM.
- Dale Gibson expressed his thanks to Adam and Andy for all their time and commitment they have put into the ground this last years and for Adams visions for the future.
- Annual figures circulated to all present for the financial year ending 30.9.16.
- Junior subs down slightly but Tykes subs building up gradually (with thanks expressed to Kilbys for taking the helm).
- Increase in tuck shop takings– income of 541 compared to 976 in the previous year – more emphasis needs putting on this for the coming season to increase income.
- Increase in sponsorship party due to ground covers and 3 year deal agreed.
- Quiz excellent fund raiser for the year increase of roughly £1200 in the year due to this..
- Increase in insurance of approx. 30% – due to all new equipment – roller/covers etc.
- Maintenance Costs – annual ongoing cost which will remain roughly the same.
- Coaching costs – slightly increased due to additional coach brought in during the season – we need to look at developing the coaching.
- Utilities – Managed to secure a £200 saving over the year for electricity
- Need to look towards hosting another Yorkshire T20 or similar to increase club income.
- Posthumous thanks expressed to Mark Powell for his work on accounts. Thanks to Anne Stephenson for final auditing.
- Financial report proposed by D Gibson and accepted by all those present.
Election of Rolls:
The following rolls were all proposed and seconded on block by those present:
- President A Sidebottom
- Jnr Ambassador R Sidebottom
- Chair A Gough
- Secretary H Culloden
- Treasurers D & J Gibson
- Junior Secretary tbc
- CPO K Riley
- 1st Team Cpt A Jones
- 2nd Team Cpt R Williams
- 3rd Team Cpt A Williams
- Ground Manager A Jones
It was proposed by A Gough that the appointment of Junior Secretary be deferred until January.
Matters Arising/Comments from Floor
No issues/comments raised.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 7:50 pm.
Next meeting: January 10 @ 7:30pm – The Pax Inn